Wisdom Tooth Extractions - Westchase • West Houston, TX
Say Goodbye To Wisdom
Tooth Pain For Good
The third molars (more commonly known as “wisdom teeth”) are the last permanent teeth to erupt, and they typically start making an appearance between the ages of 16-22. Roughly 35% of the population are born without them entirely, in fact, which may be good news – these late arrivals can be a lot more trouble than they’re worth. This is because there is usually very little space left in the mouth to accommodate them properly, which can lead to higher risks of infection, oral discomfort, and even abscesses.
Dr. Stapleton will be sure to take a close look at developing wisdom teeth during checkups with the help of digital X-rays, and he may recommend extraction for teenage/young adult patients if he discovers any concerning symptoms that could threaten their wellbeing in the near-future. Contact MDRN Dental today if you have any questions, or if you’d like to go ahead and schedule an appointment.
Why Choose MDRN Dental for Wisdom Tooth Extractions?
- Whole Families Welcome
- Sedation Dentistry Available
- Attentive & Highly Trained Dentist
Do Wisdom Teeth HAVE to be Removed?
Not necessarily! If wisdom teeth are able to emerge properly through the gumline and have an adequate amount of space, they may be able to remain safely in place. However, if any of the following problems occur, extraction could be the best path forward:
- If the teeth become partially or fully impacted (trapped within the gums and jawbone)
- If the teeth erupt at the wrong angle and end up pressing against nearby teeth
- If the teeth have very little space and become dangerously overcrowded
- If negative changes occur in the areas where wisdom teeth are, including pain, the presence of gum disease, cysts, and more.